Sunday, August 9, 2009

First Day of Soccer

Today, was the first day for my daughter playing soccer on a real team. I have wanted to sign her up before now, but up until this summer she was not so independent and comfortable doing activities without me having to watch her every second and she had a tough time if I left her in an activity on her own.

At summer camp this summer, that all change in an instant. By the second week of camp, she was jumping out of the carpool lane in the morning and not even looking back to say good bye. Yep, she came out of her shell and bloomed into this confident and independent child, that walks up to other kids, asserts herself and talks freely. A kid that seems ready to take on the world. I can't begin to tell you how happy it makes me not to have her stuck to me like glue anymore.

Anyway, we've been practicing soccer for a while, since it was one of the sports that I played when I was young and throughout high school and she took to it right away. As hot and humid as it was out their today. She had a blast. Smiles all over the place and the excitement on her face that she was actually good at it. And believe me, I was beaming myself on the inside. My baby is growing up and really becoming her own little person. It is truly an awesome experience to see. I have no doubt that she will be successful in whatever she chooses to do as she grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment