Monday, October 26, 2009

Sunday Scribblings~Shame # 186

“A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday.” ~Johnathan Swift

Shame comes in so many forms. Hiding truths, dishonesty, betrayal. I have shame in the truths I have hidden from others. I am slowly learning to deal with this truths and try and face my shame so I can be open about them, so that I can face them.

I was in an abusive relationship. This is a shame an a truth that not only is hard to face, but carries a great shame. I am not ready to talk about or disclose my shame in this, I am working on it.

On the same token, I do not hold the same shame as much anymore, or so I think, but doesn't shame still exist, if you keep silence and and do not talk about your situation?

I feel shame that I ended up in it, and thought I would react differently to it. The influence of being in this situation, and what I have been told is right and wrong and my decisions has created my ultimate shame!

But I am going to use this shame and become stronger because of it.

See more Shame stories.

4 comments:

  1. What and honest and poignant post. Thank you for sharing this and hope you will be stronger for it. Most important is to start anew, today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you will come to a place where you will know that the shame is not yours and that you will not only be stronger be able to make healthy choices for yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your shame story. This is a shame that unfortunately you hold, but is really the other person's shame. I see your struggles with shame and can understand. This will hopefully make you a stronger person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, I'm relieved you're not in that relationship anymore. Secondly, you're courageous for sharing this. Shame is part of human nature and so difficult to own up to or face. Finally, huge hugs to you from across the miles!

    -gel Please drop by for a friendly visit to my writing & photography blog.

    ReplyDelete