Thursday, October 14, 2010

Silence

"Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts.” ~Margaret Lee Runbeck

Lately, my evenings have been filled with silence. After I have put my daughter to bed there has been no noise throughout the neighborhood, throughout the house and I have made a conscious effort to keep the T.V. off.

I have been journaling and reading Brene Brown's new book The Gifts of Imperfection, which I might add is amazing. I know that there are lot's of people participating in the perfect protest. I am ashamed to say that I wanted to as well and never got around to doing it, because I just could not think of something to write/say.

I have needed this silence and time in my life to reflect. Not that I do not reflect most of the time. It's just that when life is in the realm of change, the silence and time you allow yourself to sit in that silence can be very comforting and mindful. One can learn so much about themselves, their choices and find new and exciting paths and happiness on the silence journey.

I was blog reading today and it inspired me to write. I always tell myself I will right more consistently but can't seem to find my voice. This book is teaching me that my thoughts do not have to be perfect for me to write on my blog on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment