Thursday, April 21, 2011

I AM

“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” ~Winston Churchill


So, I am watching Oprah yesterday and she had movie director Tom Shadyac on. They were discussing his new documentary, I AM! Definitely, a "too see" film. His story leading up to the film is inspirational. After achieving high status in Hollywood with a string of top rated, box office hits, awards, money and living the life of Hollywood glamour, with massive houses and possessions, Shadyac discovers that all he has is not really as fulfilling as he had imagined so he sets out to "find himself" or discover what it is he is really searching for. A near death experience shortly thereafter propels him into really questioning his life, the world around him, what it happening in it and how can we as human beings truly change it. His discoveries and questions the prompted him to make this film are completely inspirational. He sets off with a small crew to travel the world, interview and question prominent people and ask the serious question of "what is wrong with the world we live in and how can we change it?"

I am always in awe of movies like these and love to watch them. I am always soul searching for myself and trying to make myself, my world and everything about it better. I am geared towards spirit and finding it within myself. I love to be inspired and listen to other's stories of their lives; trials, tribulations, joys, etc.

It is said this movie is a "must see". I only hope enough people will go see it, be inspired by it and take action for themselves to question there place in the world and be inspired to make change in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment