Friday, May 27, 2011

Power Outage

We had a power outage last night. A very long one. The power went out around 6:30 p.m. (finally coming back on at 4:00 a.m.), just as, I was finishing cooking our dinner. Yes, we have an electric stove. No gas in our house. It actually was a nice change for us. The usual weeknight chaos of trying to prep for the next day came to a crashing halt and we were forced to connect as a family. We spent a lot of time playing UNO(a game my daughter and I love). We often spend quality time together on the weekends, but due to work and schedules, we never have the opportunity to just relax and enjoy ourselves like we did last night.

I also spent some much needed alone time creating my very first Mondo Beyondo list. A Mondo Beyondo list is of all the dreams that I have. They are dreams that may seem outrageous to others, unbelievable to yourself or perhaps even unattainable. The assignment for the Mondo Beyondo course was to write them down and then seal them up in an envelope. It will be a hoot in the future to see which of them come true.

This class is already changing me and we are beginning to get into the the lessons. I find that not only am I refocusing more on what I really want my life to look like, but am also gaining more confidence that it can be a reality. I feel alive, excited and look forward to the lessons that will hit my mailbox for me to complete. And I want to complete them, I find that I want to challenge myself. I think it is also spilling over into other areas of my life, because I feel more motivated to tackle home projects that, simply seemed dreadful for me. I have this feeling of recreation, not only for myself but for my surroundings. A new since of self expression, or perhaps rediscovering my old one. Either way it is long overdue.

This memorial weekend I will begin with our house painting project. I am in love with the whole Swedish design concept of white walls and colors accented in furniture and accessories. As, we move forward I will document here with pictures.

This is one goal of mine is to start to add more pictures to my posts.

Have a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend for those of you in the U.S. and a great weekend to everyone else as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment