Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Scribblings ~#364 Apology

Initially, I was stumped by this prompt because I had lot's of topics that crossed my mind when it came to the topic of apology. Since I had not been to Megg's blog in a long while, I decided to check it out before I wrote and wham, her last entry resonated with me so much.I knew in a second what apology topic I wanted to write about. This post by Megg filled me with such inspiration. I too have a lot of books on my many bookshelves that I have not read. I am so guilty of buying books without having even read what is currently on my shelf. Or just as guilty of putting on hold, a dozen or so more books from the library and still the unread books sit on my shelf, unread and neglected. What a great way to apologize to all those books waiting to be read by counting them, and giving them their first acknowledgment that you remember they are still there. Then finally doing them justice by finishing or reading them for the first time and actually getting through them, once and for all. I was fascinated and think that the universe was calling out to Megg to create her own "Body, Mind, and Spirit University", just for the shear fact that she had exactly 108 books that turned out was symbolic of a sacred number. Perhaps the the books were calling out to her as well. Wanting to be finished or started. I found her post almost a calling out to me as well, to apologize to my neglecting bookshelves. So much so, I am following suit, counting books and starting to read them page-by-page and creating my own spiritual, and knowledge learning as well as enjoyable experience. Check out other Sunday Scribblings here.

6 comments:

  1. So...you wrote this post to make me feel guilty. I have a few of those neglected books looking at me right now. Before the night is over they will take on the look of my wife for undone "Honey-do's". But I am not going to apologize to the books...I'll save those for my wife and this week end when I'll go play golf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a collection of books I hadn't read. Nowadays I don't read as much as I once did, so I gave them to the local charity shop. Better for them to be doing some good rather than sitting on a shelf gathering dust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are very few books of the thousands I have that are unread. Even so when downsizing recently I found it very hard to reduce the number of books I had, many of them were old friends that I happily read over and over. For those that I had to let go...I'm sorry. Why did you have to remind me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. gsb, saving the apology for you wife is probably the better decision:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oldegg,

    I also have books on my shelf that are read but I can't give them up. I need to be more like John and get the courage to release them for someone else's reading pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, as I told Oldegg, I need to pack up the books I have read and donate them. I used to release them in http://www.bookcrossing.com/, I might try it again.

    ReplyDelete